|Task 5.1 AQUACOSM Website: For providing a central coordination and infrastructure for aquatic mesocosm research in Europe and globally|
|Task 5.2 AQUACOSM TA portal: Attracting, networking and coordinating AQUACOSM Transnational Access facilities of all partners through the website|
|Task 5.3 AQUACOSM communication strategy to inform various target groups about the AQUACOSM activities|
|Task 5.4 Engaging with Education: Enhance European human capacity building in mesocosm-based sciences|
|Task 5.5 Engaging with industry|
AQUACOSM Website: For providing a central coordination and infrastructure for aquatic mesocosm research in Europe and globally
A project website (aquacosm.eu) will be created to act as a platform to enhance the cooperation in aquatic mesocosm-based science. The website will be used to ensure smooth and effective communication within the AQUACOSM consortium and with the identified external user groups in order to:
- Structure and provide information and facilitate dialogs on all AQUACOSM Networking Activities (WP2, 3, 4, 5), specifically to attract stakeholders and other participants. This includes workshops and scientific training as described in WP3.
- Facilitate web-based communications for the AQUACOSM Joint Research Activities described in WP7, 8 & 9. Web based tools (forum, blog and social media connected utilities) will be implemented to foster collaborative communications within the project and with external stakeholders and user groups.
- Disseminate scientific and technical AQUACOSM results from WP9 by using photo galleries, movies and video-supported material.
- Offer a site for internal AQUACOSM communication and data exchange, as described in WP4.
- Provide cross-linking to the world-wide portal (mesocosm.eu) of information on mesocosm facilities (initiated during the FP7 marine mesocosm facility project MESOAQUA, lead by FVB-IGB) and to be used to promote AQUACOSM visibility and long-term strategy (WP2).
- Provide interactive visualisations of the data from the mesocosm facilities (in coordination with Task 4.4) to allow rapid review of individual and integrated datasets.
Links to all WPs: all WPs will use the website to present, organise and disseminate their activities.
After the end of AQUACOSM, the website will be maintained at FVB-IGB to ensure the on-going management of international mesocosm research and activities.