|Task 5.1 AQUACOSM Website: For providing a central coordination and infrastructure for aquatic mesocosm research in Europe and globally|
|Task 5.2 AQUACOSM TA portal: Attracting, networking and coordinating AQUACOSM Transnational Access facilities of all partners through the website|
|Task 5.3 AQUACOSM communication strategy to inform various target groups about the AQUACOSM activities|
|Task 5.4 Engaging with Education: Enhance European human capacity building in mesocosm-based sciences|
|Task 5.5 Engaging with industry|
Engaging with Education: Enhance European human capacity building in mesocosm-based sciences
This Task will increase European human capacity building in mesocosm-based research. To reach this goal, Task 5.4 will:
- Develop module(s) presenting AQUACOSM activities and possibilities to run high value research in mesocosms: to be used as training material at the MSc and PhD courses of the academic partners.
- Develop an Educational Interactive mobile/tablet application focusing on the use of mesocosms to run ecosystem experiments targeted to pupils and students. The application will simulate a “real” mesocosm experiment where the treatments will be controlled by users.
- Organise short-time education activities in aquaria to introduce primary school pupils to mesocosm ecosystem experimentation
- Organise tours of under- or post-graduate students to AQUACOSM facilities when TA or JRA experiments are taking place (WP6, 7, 8, 9) in facilities closely connected with and/or geographically close placed to universities
- Disseminate material from the training courses, workshops (WP3 through the AQUACOSM website and other Social Media
Links to WP 3, 6, 7, 8, 9. The TA (WP6), JRA (WP 7, 8, 9) and training (WP3) activities will be communicated to pupils, MSc and PhD students.